Autumn COVID-19 & flu vaccinations
The Government have announced which groups of people will be eligible for a COVID-19 autumn booster. Those eligible for a further dose will be:
- all adults aged 50 years and over
- those aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, including pregnant women
- those aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- those aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
- residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- frontline health and social care workers.
The Government will also be offering a free flu jab to more eligible groups than in previous years. These groups are:
- all adults aged 50 to 64 years
- secondary school children in years 7, 8 and 9, who will be offered the vaccine in order of school year (starting with the youngest first)
People in these groups will only be eligible for a flu jab once the most at-risk (pre-school & primary school children, those aged over 65 and those in a clinical risk group) have been offered the jab.
More details will be announced shortly on when and how eligible groups will be able to book their COVID-19 autumn boosters and flu jabs. This page will be updated when that information is available.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations
Everyone over the age of 12 is now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination.
Please click here for more information, including details on how to book your COVID-19 vaccination online.
When booking their vaccination, your PA will need to self-declare they are a frontline health and care worker and will be told to provide evidence of their employment at the vaccination site.
Please contact us on 01903 219482 for assistance with this.
Mandatory vaccinations and employment advice
The Government has announced mandatory vaccination for all frontline Health and Social Care workers working in regulated settings with effect from 01 April 2022.
There has not currently been specific mention of the PA Workforce in the announcement, but we are closely monitoring the situation.
Employment law advice and guidance on mandatory vaccinations has been published by Fish Insurance and ILG Support.
Please click here for FISH insurance advice.
Please click here for ILG support advice.
All PAs are now eligible for a free winter flu vaccination from their GP or a local community pharmacy.
DP employers should ensure their employees are aware they’re eligible for this vaccination and understand how to get it.
The flu vaccination is free and paid for by the NHS.
Please click here for more information.