Terms and conditions
East Sussex payroll service
This page outlines the type of help and support Independent Lives can provide to you and your responsibilities to us in return. It also serves as a record for each party. Please take the time to read through this page.
Our commitment to you
Independent Lives payroll service will:
- calculate your employee hours from the information that you provide us
- process your hours every 4 weeks
- comply with all statutory requirements including tax, N/I, SSP, SMP, Pensions and student loans etc.
- inform you about the need to pay tax, N/I and any other statutory deductions
- set up new starters and settle up leavers
- set up a direct debit with your DP account and request any backdated amount
- provide payslips and summary information for you to pay your employees and HMRC
- upon receipt of written/emailed instructions from you, make appropriate changes to rates of pay
- keep records in line with HMRC requirements, including online filing of end-of-year returns
- provide you with current information about our fees prior to you signing this contract
- handle your personal information in line with GDPR
- communicate your pension obligations to you, so that you comply with auto enrolment legislation
- deal with your pension administration, including employees starting & leaving and submitting contributions
Your commitment to us
You agree to:
- provide all necessary information to us e.g. details of new employees, employees leaving, within the specified payroll processing dates
- provide your employees’ pay information to us within the specified payroll processing dates
- be responsible for paying monies due to HMRC when we notify you of the amounts
- notify us of any changes in contact details both for you and your staff
- complete and return the Direct Debit mandate to pay for the payroll service
We reserve the right to:
- check with you any irregularity about your PA hours
- liaise with other Independent Lives services as appropriate and/or to contact a relevant local authority officer if necessary
- not to accept customers who are not individual employers of personal assistants and/or similar
- Discontinue running payrolls on your behalf if payment for the service is not received
Payroll costs are the same for each pay period, whether you choose for us to run your payroll four weekly:
The four-weekly fee for this service is: £26.58 plus VAT
(i.e. £26.58 + VAT of 20% (£5.32)
So, you’ll pay £31.90 each pay period
Third party rights act (1999)
We have no contractual relationship with any person(s) providing care services to you. Any disputes between you and providers of services that are not related to Independent Lives (Trading) Ltd Payroll Services must be resolved in the manner determined between you and that provider.
The information you give us will be kept confidential by Independent Lives and subject to Data Protection law requirements. However we do work closely with Social Services/the NHS who provides your funding and we may need to share information with them.
There are exceptional circumstances where we are legally required to disclose information to authorities such as the police or Local Authority, for example if a safeguarding issue is being investigated. So that we can provide the right support we may keep the following information:
- Contact details – email, phone number, address
- Personal information i.e. date of birth.
- Health and Social care Information – if we are helping you write your Job description this really helps as we have all the information to hand. It will also help us understand the outcomes which are agreed with the NHS and or Social Service.
- Ethnic background, sexual orientation, sexual identity – collecting this information so we can ensure our diverse communities have equal access to our services and there are no barriers to accessing our services, for example language.
You must provide to us promptly and accurately all the information which we may need so we can provide the services to you. You must also tell Independent Lives (Disability) if any of your details change.
Paying for services
You must pay the charges for the services as notified to you by us, together with any applicable taxes (for example VAT). We can change the charges as set out in paragraph ‘our charges’, but if we do so, we will give not less than 30 days written notice to you. All payments by you should be made to Independent Lives
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel the services whilst we recover any debt you owe under the agreements.
Changing this agreement
We may at any time improve, modify, amend or alter the terms of these agreements and/or the services and their content if:
- there is any change or amendment to any contract, law or regulation which applies to us or the services provided to you;
- for security, technical or operational reasons;
However, you will have the right to cancel the affected services if the changes are significant.
We may change charges. Any changes to our charges we will give you notice of the change at least 30 days before the changes take effect. Any changes to charges will be reflected on your next bill after the changes take effect. You will have the right to cancel the affected services if you do not agree with the increase in the charges, as described in paragraph ‘your termination rights’ below.
We may suspend or reduce any or all of the services immediately without notice if:
- you have broken any agreement
- we have to do so by law or in line with a contract;
- we have reason to believe that you have provided us with false, inaccurate or misleading information either for the purpose of obtaining the services or at any time during the provision of the services;
- we believe that you or another person involved with you have committed, or may be committing, any fraud against us, and/or any other person or organisation by using the services or systems (or both);
- we do not receive a signed copy of the contract document from you within 30 days of starting your services; or
- you or anyone you authorise to deal with us on your behalf acts in a way towards our employees which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate.