I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
21 hours per week: Every Monday 3.30pm to 8.30pm Every Tuesday 3.30pm to 8.30pm Every Friday 3.30pm to 8.30pm 3x Saturdays per month 10am to 6pm Longer hours available during school holidays & additional weekend hours available if requested.
Hourly pay rate:
£14.50 - £29.00 per hour, Mileage paid for travel to work @ 40p per mile. (With an upper limit) Half an hour travel time paid per shift.
We are looking for energetic and active individuals to support our client who is a 10 year old boy with Cerebral Palsy. Our client is happy bright young boy who lives at home with his family and is looking for Support Workers to help him gain some independence, confidence and opportunities to express himself. He has both physical and communication difficulties which impact on his daily life and therefore we are looking for care support for all aspects of daily living, including personal care.
The Support Worker will play a key role in facilitating fun activities fulfilling our client’s social and leisure needs. A Key part of the role will be carrying out therapy programmes, directed by his team of therapists.
This role will be to provide double up care on Weekends and School holidays to support our client accessing the community. Support Workers will be responsible for driving our client’s adapted vehicle on occasions therefore a full UK driving licence is essential.
Within the role, you will be supported by a wider multi-disciplinary team and case management service. You will have paid annual leave and pension scheme. All training is paid for and Support Worker training / development is encouraged and supported.
- Cleaning up after any activities / tasks that make any mess
- Assistance for all transfers using a hoist
- Administering medication and feed via a PEG
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Accompanying on trips out with or without family to local attractions; i.e. zoo/ parks
- The above duties will involve driving the Client’s vehicle.
- Accompanying and assisting Client on any community visits requires for therapy / appointments / leisure
- Occasional longer journeys
- Occasional school runs if school if required
- Previous Care Experience/school experience and/or Therapy background working with children is desirable
- The role requires close personal contact with an individual who is extremely vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission. Preference may be given to applicants who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Careful consideration will be given to applicants who can show the vaccination is not suitable for them on reasonable grounds.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9