I am looking for personal care for a man
The candidate should be
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday mornings, start at 9am for 1 or 2 hours. Other days may be available if more required.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
Support Worker/ Personal Care Assistant
Staff will need a wide range of caring skills which will reflect my lifestyle and choices. Whilst most of the care will be done at home, there will be times when I am hospitalized and carers will be expected to work their shifts alongside the medical staff ensuring my safety always.
I have a head injury, Sleep apnoea, and I am registered blind with Diabetes Type 2. I am a wheelchair & hoist user, so experience of any or all these conditions will be an advantage.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
To get a gentleman up using a hoist, showered and dressed
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Drivers license preferable but not essential
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9