I am looking for personal care for a child
The candidate should be
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
6 hours a week which can be either set days or different days each week of school holidays.
Hourly pay rate:
He has difficulty with social skills, sensory processing and can display anxieties and challenging behaviour. He loves football, going to the woods and building dens, junk modelling and role play. Enjoys arts and crafts. He loves animals, being active, swimming and going to the beach. Activities will include supporting him with social/leisure activities in the community, interacting/making friends with other children. Support with activities in the home will be required occasionally. Some support with personal care required e.g. toileting, washing, getting dressed, undressed and experience of working with children with SEN and PDA is essential. You should be bubbly and enthusiastic, patient, understanding and be able to calm/reassure and keep him safe and supervised at all times. We also have a lovely dog so you should be comfortable with animals.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Tidying up after activities if working in the child’s home.
Assistance with washing/showering
Assistance with dressing/undressing
Assistance with toileting, washing hands etc.
• Support child to access social/leisure activities in the community e.g. playing football, going to beach, swimming, going to the woods and building dens and other outdoor activities.
• Enable him to develop social skills and interact with other children.
• Support with social activities at home may be required occasionally.
• Keep him safe and supervised at all times as he has no road safety awareness.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Experienced with working with children with SEN, Autism and PDA (pathological demand avoidance)
Bubbly and enthusiastic
Able to calm, reassure and deal with child’s anxieties
Able to keep the child safe and supervised at all times
Patient and understanding
Honest and trustworthy
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9