Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
7 hours on a Saturday or Sunday in school terms, plus one week day in holidays. Days can be flexible.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 an hour
• Support worker required to work with my 11 year old son
• He has Autism and learning delay. He mainly communicates through ecolalia and single words. He is able to make his wants and needs known through actions and gestures.
• He enjoys playing on his Mario Kart, and likes his teddies.
• He also loves being outdoors, going to the park and beach. These would need to be accessed at quieter times of the day.
Support with using the toilet and hand washing
Taking the child out to park, beach, bowling, cinema, going to McDonalds.
Keeping him safe and supervised at all times.
Driving him in your car would be preferable but public transport can be used.
• Experienced in working with children with Autism/learning delay
• Friendly and approachable
Honest and trustworthy
• A driver with own car would be useful
• Able to keep the child safe and supervised at all times
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9