Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
Location: East Preston
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Various shifts available Monday-Sunday day & evening, to work on a rota with the rest of the team.
Hourly pay rate:
£12.00 per hour
I am a young disabled man in my 30's who requires support to live independently. I have a Chromosome abnormality and dual sensory impairments.
I sometimes display challenging behaviour and am at risk of falls so need support to keep safe at all times.
I am of physical size around 10 years old. I love being around people and enjoy social events e.g. going out for lunch, the sea life centre, bowling, swimming, social groups. Daily activities will vary depending on my mood/needs.
For the first time in long time, I need some new PA’s to join my team to enable me to live independently in my own home with my sister and her family.
Duties include personal care, domestic tasks and support with social activities.
Experience of providing care and working with people with sensory impairments required.
You must be friendly, reliable, patient and understanding and comfortable around animals.
You should be a driver with a clean licence and willing to drive my motability car.
Ability to lift and push a manual wheelchair required.
- Support to use garden
- To ensure high levels of personal care, developing an understanding of my personal care routines, to ensure consistency and security.
- Support getting in/out of bed
- Mealtimes e.g. cutting up food, assistance to eat food safely/feeding (I will grab things so food should not be placed to near when feeding).
- Monitoring me to prevent choking. Wiping away secretions.
- Support with challenging behaviour and keeping safe.
- To develop an understanding of my dual sensory impairment, using creativity to enable me to receive a range of sensory stimuli to provide pleasurable experiences
- Experienced in providing care and working with people with sensory needs
- Friendly and cheerful
- Patient and understanding
- Must have a UK driving licence
- Must have a clean licence to drive employer’s motabilty car
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9