I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
18 hours per month additional hours may be available during school holidays (Actual days & shift times to be arranged by mutual agreement) Job share available
Hourly pay rate:
£14 per hour plus 40p per mile
My lovely 8 year old son is a happy, active and clever boy who enjoys a wide range of activities.
He has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and uses a manual wheelchair as he can fatigue easily. He has great communication skills and is engaging.
We are looking for a reliable PA to support my son during activities he enjoys such as swimming, cycling, bowling and building lego sets.
Duties will include some personal care and manual wheelchair handling.
- Respectful to the employers privacy and ensuring all information is kept confidential
- Experienced in working with children in a similar capacity
- Honest and reliable with excellent timekeeping
- Full clean UK driving license (no previous prosecutions or impending )with business Insurance for your vehicle.
- Non-smoker preferred or someone who is willing to refrain from smoking during work hours due to my sons condition and the impact it will have on his health
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9