Location: Burgess Hill
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
8-10 hours per week with additional hours on an ad hoc basis, as well as additional hours to cover existing PA’s holiday and sickness.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 an hour depending on experience which will then raise to £15 an hour
I am looking for someone to join my existing team of friendly PAs who support me to live independently in my own home. Your main duties will be domestic tasks as well as assistance with any social or community activities I am taking part or involved in.
You should be friendly, sociable and patient with the willingness to work in an environment where there are animals as I have a support dog and an indoor cat. Ideally you should have a valid clean driving license and be willing to drive me and my support dog in your car.
Location is town centre with free parking available
- Assisting me to get up if I’ve fallen over
- Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities when required such as horse riding, bowling, exercise classes, to meet my friends or other hearing dog get togethers
- Accompanying me on walks with my hearing working dog, and clearing up after him
- Must be comfortable with pets and be willing to clear up after them
- Must have a UK driving licence- preferred but not essential
- Must have access to own vehicle- preferred but not essential
- Be able to work as part of a team (essential)
- Being able to sign using BSL is an advantage
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9