I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Up to 3 hours per week (Saturday or Sunday)
Hourly pay rate:
Social Support Assistant
The hours will generally be worked on a Saturday or Sunday in 4-5 hour shifts. My son would generally be in his wheelchair but can also walk when carefully supervised. He is a very happy and active child who lives with Autism and has delayed speech development but is able to communicate with actions. He loves nothing more than running and climbing in local playparks as well as swimming, trampolining and just looking around in the shopping areas. The only personal care will be the occasional changing of his nappy and assistance with cutting up food and sometimes assisting with feeding. Applicants must be honest and reliable, be able to work on their own initiative and possess good communication skills. You must also be a car owner/driver and be willing to use your vehicle for work (for which mileage will be paid). The role, times and hours may suit a Teaching Assistant. This would be a rewarding role for the right person. Could this person be you?
- Bathroom assistance
- Eating and drinking assistance
• Assist and support my son to access the activities he enjoys and in a safe manner.
• Window shopping
• Suggesting new ideas of activities my son may like to try
• Play and interact with my son in ways that will assist with the learning of independence skills.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
You will be required to wear appropriate PPE which will be provided by the employer
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9