Social Support Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
7 hours per week during term time 11 hours per week during school holidays Exact days/times by agreement with employer
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour plus 35p per mile
I require a PA to work with my 10-year-old daughter to assist her to access the local community.
The job will involve helping her to attend activities that she enjoys and support her development.
To assist and instil confidence so she can access activities more independently as she grows.
To suggest new activities to try out.
Accompany her to community activities and encourage her to interact with others.
To help her improve her self-esteem and to self-regulate her mood and behaviour as she grows.
To enable and encourage her to make choices.
Develop a network of regular activities that she enjoys.
To provide the family with a few hours respite each week while the two of you are out and about.
- Assisting my daughter to access the local community.
- Attending activities and encouraging her to join in.
- Suggesting new activities to try out.
- To help her build up her self-confidence.
- To enable and encourage her to make choices.
- Help to improve her self-esteem and to self-regulate her mood and behaviour as she grows.
- Help to develop a network of different social activities.
- Applicants must have an understanding or working knowledge of PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) and high anxiety.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9