I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Hourly pay rate:
£15 per hour plus mileage at 40p per mile
My son is a cheeky and energetic young man, he enjoys the outdoors and activities, listening to music and interaction with familiar adults.
This is a rewarding and vital role to support my 19-year-old with severe autism, at home or during outings. My son is non-verbal and has difficulty communicating his needs. He needs help with personal care, needs to be watched for not eating non-food items and needs company in activities. Full training will be given.
My son can, but rarely, have aggressive behaviour, with training and familiarisation this can be predicted or managed.
There would be an extended period of familiarisation where the PA would gradually learn how to take care of my son.
- Changing bed linen – on occasion and only if needed
- Bed making
- Preparing drinks and snacks
- Tidying – my son’s toys or after he has eaten or used the bathroom.
- Assistance getting into/out of the bath
- Assistance with washing, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Using the toilet
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed in swimming pool/gym.
- OT and SALT exercises
- Accompany and assist when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming, the gym, park, cinema, local visits, attending social events, attending therapies and disability group, to take photographs at the beach or in the woods or, visiting friends etc.
- Supporting with safety in and away from the home, near roads etc.
- Accompany to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- The above duties will involve driving my son in your car
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV, listening to music
- Car owner and driver
- Previous experience working with SEN adults or children is desirable
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9