Self-Employed Personal Assistant
Location: Haywards Heath
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Flexible hours, 3-6 hours per week, after school and at weekends, and more hours in school holidays
Hourly pay rate:
£15 +mileage expenses as 45p per mile
I am the parent of an 11-year-old boy with complex needs including Cerebral Palsy and Epilepsy, looking for support for my son in out of school hours, weekdays, weekends and school holidays.
My son needs support to access leisure activities at home and in the local area.
He enjoys getting out and about and at home likes stimulating activities and sensory play including cooking, messy play and music. Some support for personal care will be required.
My son has epilepsy and requires you to have had training in administering emergency medication.
- Support with physiotherapy exercises and games, relevant training will be provided
- Accompany when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. bus and train trips, shopping, Library, museums
- Accompany to therapy appointments or support groups if required
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home, playing games and assisting with craft activities and activities of interest.
- Research/plan activities that extend and support my son’s interests.
- Get to know my son’s condition and learn how to best to support him
- Creative and enthusiastic and able to come up with entertaining activities
- Keen to learn about my son’s condition and how best to support him
- Previous SEN experience is preferred but this is not as essential ,having a kind and common sense approach to these roles and willingness to learning.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9