Personal Care Assistants
Location: East Preston
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Wed 7am – 7pm, Sat 9.30am – 10.30pm Sat 10.30pm – 7am, Sun 2.5 hours 7am – 9.30am Monday 7pm – 10.30pm, Monday 10.30pm – 7am, Tues 7am – 7pm, Wed 7am-7pm - Bank workers to cover holiday and sickness are also needed.
Hourly pay rate:
Daytime support pay will be £12.50 per hour Monday to Sunday between 7am – 10.30pm and sleep in night care is paid at £78.22 per night (10.30pm- 7am). Bank holidays will be paid at £15.60 per hour between 7am and 8.30pm.
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to read my advert.
I’m a twenty-two-year-old woman with Dyskinetic Cerebral Palsy and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I’m looking for a team of people that can support me both around the house and when I go out and about.
I live with my mum in East Preston. Home is where I feel most comfortable, but I would like to find someone that pushes me out of my comfort zone a little bit and encourages me to go out (when I feel up to it).
I’ve just come back from being away at residential college for three years so I’m still learning how to get back into the swing of things.
I’m still a bit anxious about COVID, so when I do leave the house, I like to be in nice open spaces, like Ferring Country Club that I go to every now and then.
I’m a really happy person, with a wicked sense of humour who enjoys a bit of banter, so I’d like someone who’s equally upbeat and enjoys having fun! I also really enjoy being pampered, and if you’d be willing to join in that would be amazing!
I’m also looking for someone who has a lot of patience. I want someone who will take the time to listen to me and understand exactly what I need from them. I get frustrated when people can’t do that – especially when they finish my sentences for me.
Because of my ASD I also don’t deal with change well and can find any change to my routine very difficult, so I need someone who is reliable and able to stick to a daily schedule.
Finally, I want someone who can help me to build my confidence and allow me to be as independent as possible. If you can support with me with that, then I’m sure we’ll get on really well.
I hope to hear from you soon!
- Helping with laundry, washing and drying
- Loading and unloading the washing machine
- Changing bed linen
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- To be on call when employer takes bath
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Using the toilet and assistance with a daily enema. Training will be provided if necessary.
- Getting into bed
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
- Accompany when accessing social and leisure activities,
- Accompanying to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompany when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as: Cinema, concerts, and seeing friends and family.
- Excellent communication, organisational and listening skills
- Knowledge of Cerebral Palsy and/or care work would be beneficial
- Patience and a caring and supportive attitude
- Honesty, motivation, and the ability to work within a family home setting
- An ability to swim to provide support with hydrotherapy
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9