Personal Care Assistants
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Work required for daytimes and some evenings. Days, times and hours to be agreed by mutual agreement
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour plus 45p per mile
I am a mother to two autistic children, aged 4 & 8 years.
My eldest child is high on the autistic spectrum and has limited communication, and my other child is more verbal and very active.
I am looking for kind, caring and encouraging PAs to develop my children’s interests and hobbies, to access fun social and leisure activities such as swimming and days out. Days out may involve joining in with family days out so that both of my children can be fully supported by an adult.
The role also will involve working with other PAs at times too in order to provide me with respite.
PA’s that can drive with their own car are required for this role.
Initially a flexible approach will be required to establish what support will be best for my children.
- Setting up and tidying/cleaning up after activities
- Organising items ready to go out to activities
- Supervision and/or assistance with washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Assistance with applying cream, hair care e.g. brushing etc
- Assistance in toileting when out and about
- Accompanying and assisting me with the children when on shopping trips if required.
- Supporting my children when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. clubs, swimming etc
- Accompanying us to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying us on trips out e.g. (Cinema, days out, Swimming, Theme parks, etc.)
- The above duties may involve driving in the PA’s car, if the employer’s car is unavailable.
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV/Tablets and assisting with craft activities or activities linked to interests.
- Planning and supporting activities linked to the individual interests of my children.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Honest and fun
- Previous experience with SEN children is preferred, but this is not as essential as a kind and common-sense approach to these roles.
- First Aid Training desirable, but not essential as training can be provided.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9