I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: No
Hours per week:
20+ hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday – 4:30pm – 8:30pm. Saturdays 8:30am – 1 pm. Hours are available on Sundays but can be mutually agreed. We are happy for one person to do all the hours required or you can apply for any of the shifts you can do.
Hourly pay rate:
Personal Care Assistant
• I am looking for support for my 12-year-old son.
• My son is easy going, bright and has a great sense of humour.
• He has a genetic condition that presents like cerebral palsy and is wheelchair bound. He needs support with the day-to-day aspects of personal care.
• This role involves helping him get out and about to do things he enjoys like swimming, bowling, going to the cinema and going out to eat.
• The successful applicant will be reliable, committed, and competent in providing personal care.
• The successful applicant will hold a UK Driving Licence and will be happy to drive our Motability Vehicle.
• This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Personal grooming
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
Support to get changed at swimming pool
Support to put leg splints and wrists splints on
Support him to get in and out of his standing frame
Drive my son to social and leisure activities, including swimming, bowling, cinema, and any other activity he may enjoy
Support my son to use the technology he enjoys in the home: TV, iPad, PS4 and Nintendo Switch
My son mainly uses a power chair that is driven into our vehicle using the vehicle’s ramp. You will also need to be support him to drive his power chair. All training will be provided.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
The successful applicant will have a UK Driving Licence and will be happy to drive our Motability Vehicle
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9