Personal Care Assistant/ Support worker
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
18 hours per week - Monday 9am - 8pm Thursday 3pm - 8pm Friday 8am -10pm
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour
I am a 32 year old lady who needs a PA to work as part of a team of carers who provide a 24 hour care regime for me. Hours may vary and could include overnight and weekends and holiday cover for primary carer. (mother)
I need someone to assist me with basic personal care and help me to learn and practise independent living skills. Also to supervise me within and outside of the home.
I also require guidance and supervision as I am not always aware of my personal safety.
I have two cats so must like cats and help me look after them from time to time.
I have occasional epileptic seizure - training will be given on how to manage this
Full driving licence would be useful.
- Laundry- all aspects
- Changing/making bed linen
- Taking out rubbish
- Minor household maintenance e.g. changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help getting into and out of shower as required
- Assist when employer takes shower
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Supervision or Assistance with getting in/ out of bed
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including swimming and the gym,
- Accompanying employer to doctors/ dentist/ eye/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library, the vet, to see family and friends.
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as: cinema concerts
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the beach or in the woods or, visiting friends.
- to the garden centre, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events, attending therapies and disability group
- The above duties will involve driving the employer, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s ,manual wheelchair when out. Alternatively,
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Mealtimes e.g. cutting up food, Making sure all food and drink is at the correct temperature to consume
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Must have a UK driving license. Mileage paid at 45p per mile if using own car but you will have access to my car also
- Must like cats
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9