I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: No
Hours per week:
15- 16 hours a week 8am -11am Monday to Friday term –time. 16 hours a week during school holidays actual days and hours by mutual agreement.
Hourly pay rate:
Crawley Down, UK
Personal Care Assistant/Support Worker
I love shopping particularly shopping for chocolate! I am looking for a reliable and motivational PA with a good sense of humour to support me with daily living tasks essentially assisting me with taking my daughter to school hence the early start during term time.
Often I’m not sure what tasks need doing, so I welcome initiative and motivation. Tasks will include personal care, light domestic duties and accessing the community.
This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Personal grooming
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
• Accompanying and assisting employer to take her daughter to school.
• Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
• Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities,
• Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
• Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
• Occasional longer journeys
• Accompanying on trips out e.g. to the library, the vet, to see family.
• The above duties could involve driving the employer in the employer’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out. Alternatively, I would use my walking stick or frame.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9