I am looking for personal care for a child
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
3 hours per week on average, Saturdays/Sundays. Times to be arranged. Flexibility needed. Extra hours would be available during school holidays.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
Bracklesham Bay, Chichester, UK
Personal Care Assistant/ Support Worker
She also has limited speech but can be understood and those that get to know her well are best able to understand her. A knowledge of Makaton would be useful. She is a very energetic, sociable, happy and excitable young lady, great fun to be with. She enjoys going bowling, trampolining and loves days out to the zoo or anywhere with animals! She also enjoys having one to one interaction and it supports her in so many ways. The support requires elements of personal care, specifically support with toileting and changing. We would like someone who has a car to be able to transport her around in the community to access all sorts of fun activities and spaces. Being active is very important for her. You should have experience of working with children/young people with similar needs and be friendly, fun, patient and reliable. Must be fit and healthy to do the required tasks e.g. lifting wheelchair in/out of car, pushing wheelchair on occasions.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
Driving and accompanying to social events such as:
• Cinema, farms, bowling etc
• Accompanying on trips out eg. to the garden centre, beach, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events, attending therapies and disability group
• Accompanying to social meetings eg. friends, family
• Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
• Lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out.
• Occasional evening supervision at employer’s home.
• She has no awareness of danger and must be kept safe and supervised at all times.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
• Experienced in working with children/young people with similar needs
• Driver with own car
• Able to keep the young girl supervised at all times
• Previous experience essential.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9