Personal Care Assistant/Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Wednesday 7.30am-11.30am Thursday 7.30am-11.30am Saturday 7.30am-12.30am Every other Sunday 7.30am-11.00am
Hourly pay rate:
£11:50 Monday to Friday £13.00 Saturday £14.00 Sunday
Do you love football and sport but also have a caring, kind and thoughtful nature?
I am looking for a Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant to help me remain living in my family home and also enjoy fun and leisure activities.
I am a 25 year old man and who has muscular dystrophy. This means that I am reliant on carers for all my personal care needs and activities of daily living.
I support Brighton and Hove Albion football club and I play wheelchair football throughout the year. I also follow lots of sports on TV including F1. My Personal Care Assistants will need to be able to support me to access and enjoy all these types of activities.
Apart from football I also enjoy going to the cinema regularly and would really like to find a Personal Care Assistants who can enjoy my love of movies with me.
I use a hoist for all transfers and an electric wheelchair to get around.
Alongside social activates and help with personal care the work also involves preparing meals/snacks/drinks and helping with my feeding.
I have a wheelchair accessible vehicle so having a driving license is essential, so that I can get out and about.
The successful Personal Care Assistant will be working with a friendly team of workers who cover my support during the daytime 7 days a week.
Full training will be given.
- Helping with laundry, washing and drying
- Changing bed linen
- Bed making
- General cleaning of bedroom/bathroom
- Taking out rubbish
- Assistance with washing and bathing/showering
- Hoisting from bed to wheelchair to bath
- To be on call when I’m using toilet
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Assistance using a urine bottle
- Getting into bed
- Assistance with getting out of bed using a hoist
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Driving wheelchair adapted vehicle and accompanying/assisting with shopping trips, cinema and other social activities as required
- Accompanying me to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying me to social meetings eg friends, family
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9