Personal Care Assistant- NEW RATES OF PAY
Location: Burgess Hill
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4 hours per week term time, 6 hours per week during school holidays
Hourly pay rate:
£14 plus mileage expenses at 45p per mile
We are looking for someone kind, caring, compassionate and reliable to look after our 6-year-old son to take him out to access activities, new experiences and ensuring he gets one on one attention. Support might also be in our home, which may involve supporting with personal care.
The role will be weekly either a Saturday or Sunday (this can change weekly depending on your preference) and in the holidays 2-3 days which we are happy to arrange around your schedule to find days that suit us all well.
Our son has ASD with complex needs, he also has a recent diagnosis of Epilepsy which is under control with daily meds.
He loves music, books, swimming, soft play, parks and anything that involves jumping.
Our son is a very happy, energetic, and affectionate little boy and we feel that this role will be rewarding for the right PA. As a family we are very welcoming, caring and kind so we hope we can find a PA to match.
- General cleaning and tidying of spaces if supporting at home.
- Changing nappies and encouraging him to sit on the toilet
- Washing and bathing/showering if required
- General hair/skin care if required
- Full support with all aspects of personal care, eg washing, dressing and getting into bed if required
- Medication – administering medication and record keeping as outlined by employer
- Ensuring my son feels included by engaging with him through reading and chatting to him whilst you support him.
- Singing with him and learning his song cues he uses for things like toileting and leaving the house.
- Accessing social and leisure activities and trips out. E.g. going to the park, swimming, soft play etc.
- Help plan activities based around in the interests of our son.
- The above duties will involve taking our son out in your car.
- Creative with a good imagination
- Experience of ASD or SEN is required. Epilepsy training would be an advantage.
- Must be willing to attend training for the role, arranged by the employer e.g. Undertaking emergency medication training.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9