I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4 hours every Saturday (times as mutually agreed). Additional weekday hours in School Holidays (5-7 hours per week). These hours can be worked by 1 or more PAs so please apply confirming your availability
Hourly pay rate:
£11.50 plus mileage
I am a 17-year-old girl with learning difficulties looking for a PA to accompany me on outings and support me to become more active whilst also increasing my independence and self-confidence.
I am friendly, sociable and determined with a good sense of humour and am excited about this opportunity.
I would like you to do things such as come on walks, visit Tilgate Park and go shopping in town with me, as well as help me explore and attend other activities which will help me to increase my fitness, become healthier, improve my wellbeing and open up my world.
Experience of working with young people with learning difficulties preferred but not essential as a common-sense approach is most important.
- Reminding to use toilet at appropriate intervals
- Reminding to wash hands
- Providing any other prompts re: personal hygiene
- Able to tolerate the employer smoking outside the work place
- Must be comfortable around cats
- Assisting young lady with paying for items when out/ensuring right payment is made/change is given
- Motivating young lady to go out socially, for walks and to exercise
- Supporting young lady to develop/increase her independence and self confidence/self-esteem
- Supporting young lady to explore activities/groups she can attend that will increase her fitness, help her become healthier and improve her wellbeing
- Driving young lady to activities in your own car (if you have one and a clean UK Driving licence) as required
- Ensuring young lady’s safety at all times
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9