I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
14 hours a week, days, and times to be discussed at interview. Job share available
Hourly pay rate:
£12.00 per hour
I am a lady in her 60’s who is looking for a Personal assistant, to support me in my own home, so I can continue to live independently.
I enjoy reading, Needlework and in a previous life, I enjoyed travelling.
A love of animals is a must as I have a pet.
- Looking after pets
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Personal grooming
- Moving and handling
- Clinical tasks
- Other relevant duties as required
Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
Assistance with applying cream
General hair/skin care
Dressing and undressing/ helping with buttons and fastenings
Getting into bed
Assistance with getting out of bed using a hoist
Help with dispensing tablets
Assistance with medication i.e. helping to take tablets from foil/packets
Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring') using a hoist
Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities.
Maintenance of small garden, perhaps half an hour a week
Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
General housework, including cleaning, dusting and vacuuming.
Any other reasonable task.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Must be comfortable with pets
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9