Location: Burgess Hill
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Saturdays and Sunday between 12pm-7pm. exact times to be mutually agreed. Job share.
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
I am a 29-year-old lady requiring a Personal Assistant to support me within my home and out in the community. I need support with my personal care and someone to be a companion during the evenings. I enjoy being read to and watching films and would love someone to share my interests. I require a female due to personal care needs and would relate to someone with a good sense of humour who will make me giggle. I love to socialise and being out and about where I can get some fresh air.
Experience in the care sector is preferred
- Occasionally prepare me food but this is usually done by my parents
- General hair/skin care including brushing my hair
- Changing pads
- Assistance with using a hoist
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. bowling
- Accompanying to social events such as parties with friends
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- Pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out.
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities and reading.
- I thrive on interaction so would love someone to be chatty and socialise with me.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9