I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required:
Hours per week:
5 hours every Saturday plus additional hours in school holidays.
Hourly pay rate:
- My nearly 6 years old son is a very happy little boy. He likes his ride-on toys and listening to nursery rhymes.
- He suffers from Epilepsy and severe learning difficulties with no sense of danger, so needs 100% supervision all the time.
- I am looking for a patient and kind PA to support my son at home and to access the community.
- Tasks will include personal care and keeping my son safe.
- This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided.
Additional duties include:
- Dressing and undressing
- Nappy changing
- Some Mealtimes feeding my son
- Help my son to develop his speech and language skills and social skills
- Engage with my son in my home and in the local community in activities he enjoys and keep him safe
- On occasion accompanying my family on days out acting as an extra pair of hands
- Will need to use my son’s buggy including folding and unfolding when accessing the community.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
A UK driving licence and access to own vehicle is desirable
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9