Personal Assistant to join existing team
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
3 overnight shift per week, Saturday and Sunday daytime shifts, plus additional hours to cover existing 5 PAs holiday throughout the year.
Hourly pay rate:
£13.30 day times, £15 waking night shift
I am a 25 year old, fun loving man, I am wheelchair dependent and need help in all areas of life including domestic, personal care and access to social activities. I may also require support and accompaniment to medical or other appointments.
I have a wicked sense of humour and enjoy and going to the cinema, playing my consoles and I am also Lego mad!
I have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and do not have any movement in my arms and legs. I have my bipap to help me with my breathing at night and sometimes in the day. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and I find change difficult so it will be important for me to get to know and build trust with you. PAs that are reliable, consistent, and fun-loving would suit this role.
I require a driver over 25 as I have a large Motability van
This is a rewarding role as you will be joining a wonderful team of existing PAs and professional training will be provided.
- Supporting to set up bathroom for shower and personal care tasks
- Clean, empty and supply urine bottle when required.
- General cleaning and Tidying after personal care or other domestic tasks. E.g. wiping down surfaces, mopping floors etc.
- Preparing drinks, meals and snacks
- Check Bipap equipment is ready for use and notify senior maintenance is required
- Mealtimes e.g. cutting up food, getting mechanical arm ready for use, assistance to feed, provide straw for drinks and support with drinking.
- Completing MARS sheets and care logs as outlined g. including logging changes to skin condition
- Previous experience preferred.
- Must be over 25 years old as the insurance on my mobility van requires this.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9