Personal Assistant/ Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Up to 5 hours a week (Shift times and days by mutual agreement)
Hourly pay rate:
Up to £12.50
I am a middle-aged man who loves motorcycles and I am trying to quit smoking.
Due to my acquired brain injury, I have difficulty keeping my household paperwork up to date and this increases my anxiety.
I require support in new social situations.
I am looking for a flexible PA to assist me with my household admin including paperwork and making telephone calls. Additionally, I am looking for support accessing the community including attending motorbike events or a darts match.
I have a motorcycle workshop in Rusper and need to catalogue the parts I have and arrange to sell my stock, support with this would be great, but not a dealbreaker.
No personal care tasks are required.
- Correspondence e.g. reading letters, help writing replies, form-filling, assisting with household paperwork
- Making phone calls on my behalf
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. motorbike events or a darts match
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys
- Must be happy to work in a smoking environment, although the employer will refrain from smoking during PA work hours.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9