I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
20 hours per month plus an additional 4 hours per week during school holidays (Actual days & shift times to be arranged by mutual agreement)
Hourly pay rate:
£10 per hour
Personal Assistant/ Support Worker
We are parents to my lovely nearly 8 year old son who has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Our son is a happy, active and clever boy who enjoys a wide range of activities. He uses a manual wheelchair as he can fatigue easily. He has great communication skills.
We are looking for one or two experienced PAs to assist my son during activities he enjoys such as swimming, cycling, bowling and building Lego sets.
Duties will include some personal care and manual wheelchair handling and any other reasonable tasks to assist my son and us as a family.
- Dressing / undressing
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
• Ensure my son and his environment are safe, clean and hygienic.
• Assist my son to get dressed for relevant activities eg: when going swimming.
• He must be supervised at all mealtimes and carry out any other reasonable care tasks
• Accompanying my son on trips out (swimming, bowling, parks, cycling) keeping his safe.
• The above duties will involve driving our son in the PA’s car, lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing my son’s wheelchair when out.
• On days our son is too fatigued to go out then keeping him safe and engaging in calm activities at home.
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Respectful to the employers privacy and ensuring all information is kept confidential
Experienced in working with children in a similar capacity
Honest and reliable with excellent timekeeping
Non-smoker preferred or someone who is willing to refrain from smoking during work hours due to my sons condition and the impact it will have on his health.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9