I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Role 1- Friday afternoons 2pm-4pm. Role 2- We are also looking for bank staff for various cover shifts. Please state in your application which role you are interested in
Hourly pay rate:
£12.50 per hour
Personal Assistant/ Social Buddy
Due to my condition I can sometimes walk but on my bad days I would need to use an electric wheelchair to get around.
- Dressing / undressing
- Other relevant duties as required
Making a cup of tea and sandwich after I come home.
Helping me to get changed for swimming on Monday mornings.
Assistance with towel drying and getting dressed afterwards.
Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming and Steady and Strong group (exercise)
Accompanying when shopping after my activities.
The option to join in with my activities
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
I would like someone easy to get on with that I can build up a friendship with.
Must be comfortable with cats and dogs
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9