Personal Assistant / Mentor
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
approx. 4 hours per week, early evenings
Hourly pay rate:
I am looking for a PA/ mentor for my 11-year-old son. The role would include a mixture of things inside and outside the home, such as interacting and chatting with my son about his special interests (currently Doctor Who, animals, space, and Harry Potter), engaging in projects in the home together, playing games, such as chess, swimming at the local leisure pool, attending weekly Scouts sessions with him as his one to one, walks in the local woods and all things muddy!
- Engaging in conversations with my son about his special interests (currently Doctor Who) as he requires constant engagement from someone to regulate his nervous system
- Playing games with my son (chess is a firm favourite)
- Helping him develop his special interests in activities at home (currently making videos and filming short drama bursts related to Doctor Who)
- Taking him out to the local park/woods with his pet dog
- Taking him to swimming and playing with him (usually Tag) in the pool
- Going to Scouts with him and helping him engage in activities with others or playing games with him in the quiet room when he is unable to join in (when too many people are speaking at once or there is a lot of waiting for a turn etc).
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9