I am looking for personal care for a man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4-6 hours on a Sunday – flexibility during college holidays. Also looking for someone who would like ad hoc hours.
Hourly pay rate:
You will need to support him to develop his independent living skills both in the community and at home. Experience of working with people with Autism and ADHD would be beneficial but is not essential.
• Accompany my son when accessing social and leisure activities, including swimming and going to the gym.
• Accompanying and assisting my son on shopping trips when required.
• Support him to plan the activities and any travel needed.
• Occasional longer journeys.
• Accompanying on trips out eg to the garden centre, beach, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events, attending therapies and disability group.
• Support him in communicating with people in the community.
• The above duties will involve driving my son in your own car, mileage will be paid. Your car will need to be in good condition and reliable.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
• Have a good understanding of Autism and ADHD or be willing to learn.
• Be a good role model.
• Well organised and able to maintain professional standards and confidentiality.
• Honest, trustworthy and cheerful.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9