I am looking for personal care
The candidate should be
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Cover shifts will be between 12pm – 6pm Monday to Sunday to cover staff sickness and holiday, additional hours may be available when needed.
Hourly pay rate:
Burgess Hill, UK
• Young married couple looking to employ a personal assistant so they can remain independent in their own home.
• Tasks will involve personal care, preparing meals, general domestic tasks including help with shopping and accessing the local community.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Support with going swimming-must be happy to accompany in the pool
Accompanying and assisting employers on shopping trips when required
Accompany employers when accessing social and leisure activities, such as going to a restaurant for lunch
Accompanying employers to doctors/hospital appointments when required, transferring onto dentist’s chair
Accompanying and assisting employers on occasional longer journeys eg to visit family members
Pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out.
Any other reasonable task
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9