I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4 – 6 hrs on Weds. Possibility of additional hrs Sundays and in college holidays
Hourly pay rate:
We are looking for a dynamic female PA to support our daughter, who is 20-years old and has a learning disability.
She is a happy, generally chatty 20-year-old and loves music, musicals, theatre, cinema and TV shows – Strictly Come Dancing & Bake Off being some of her favourite.
She is very sociable, loves food, cooking and seeing her friends for social activities.
She is in her third year at college and is thinking about what she’d like to study next and working hard on her independence skills.
The role would be to provide support and encouragement to go out and about to practise travelling around safely (from crossing roads, navigating to shops to catching buses for example), personal safety and practise with interacting with people (at shops, library, leisure centre etc), reinforcing safe practises in person and on-line, help using money and transactions in shops, and help to get out and about keeping fit and healthy.
On alternate Wednesdays she attends a charity kitchen where she bakes and her PA would need to be able to support her to travel there (3 miles from home) and participate in this activity with her.
PA work would normally be on a Wednesday, either half a day (4 hours) or a whole day (up to 6 hours) and possible Sunday afternoons from time to time. Possible work in evenings from time to time and additional days in holidays
- Support to practise at travelling around safely (from crossing roads,
- help with navigating to shops to catching buses for example),
- model and reinforce good personal safety and support to interact with people (at shops, library, leisure centre, friendship groups etc),
- reinforcing safe practises in person and on-line, guided help using money and transactions in shops,
- help with conversation and reading
- proactive encouragement and help to get out and about keeping fit and healthy.
- from time to time, she might need help and direction with personal care.
- Kind and patient nature.
- Positive and encouraging disposition.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people with learning disability
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9