Personal Assistant- new rates of pay
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Monday and Tuesday 5.30pm-7.30pm. Saturday 8.30am- 1.30pm Sunday 8.30am-1.30pm We are happy to combine hours so please apply for any hours you are available for.
Hourly pay rate:
£10.50 per hour
I am looking for a PA to support my 25 year old daughter with profound and multiple learning difficulties, epilepsy and dysphasia. Primarily, the job will include giving my daughter her evening meal, giving her a bath and hair wash then getting her ready for bed.
My daughter is usually a happy, bubbly young lady with a strong personality. She is non-verbal but has her own ways of communicating. She thrives on a lively environment and equally enjoys a bit of down time. The suitable PA should be willing to have fun with my daughter. This could include singing songs, playing games, reading stories and just making her smile and laugh. She is a wheelchair user but we encourage weight bearing, assisted walking and standing transfers wherever possible. Full training will be provided in all aspects of the job.
- Getting my daughter out of bed
- Giving her a drink and breakfast
- Getting Dressed
- Bathed/ washed as required
- Keeping my daughter entertained. Initially with activities at home but this could develop into more outdoor activities once you get to know her.
- Giving her lunch and a drink
- Giving my daughter her evening meal and a drink
- Getting her bathed and a hair wash
- Getting her dressed for bed
- Getting my daughter in to bed using a hoist (training given)
Other personal care tasks:
- Able to change incontinence pads
- Assistance with applying cream
- Transfers using a hoist
Honest and Trustworthy
Driving license and access to own vehicle is an advantage as we live in a rural area
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9