I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Hours available: 21 a week. Shifts available: Thursday – 6pm – 8.30pm Friday – 4pm – 7pm Saturday 10am – 13pm and 4.30pm – 8.30pm Sunday 10.30am – 2pm and 4.30pm – 8.30pm If you can do any of the above shifts please apply
Hourly pay rate:
My son is a happy child and loves dancing and eating. He is non-verbal but really enjoys socialising and being around chatty people as it helps encourage him to talk. We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support my son at home, it would really help if you had an animated personality as he really responds to this.
- Laundry- all aspects
- Preparing drinks, snacks and meals. This includes cooking to his personal preference but following instructions as my son has specific dietary needs
- Preparing hot and cold drinks
- Cleaning up after my son if he makes a mess e.g. the floor
- Making and changing bed linen
- Support with bathing and washing hair
- Support with Brushing teeth
- Skin and hair care
- Cutting nails
- Promoting Self independence
- Trampolining and other outdoor activities
- Accompanying my son on walks around the block
- Pushing him in his wheelchair
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties- This is due to you having to push my son’s wheelchair and him being very tall for his age.
- To be chatty and have an animated personality
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9