I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Please apply for any hours you are available, we are happy to combine hours. Tues & Wed mornings 7.15am-9am, Mon, Tues & Fri evenings 5.30pm-7.30pm Weekends 8.30am- 1.30pm
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour
I am looking for a PA to support my 27 year old daughter with profound and multiple learning difficulties, epilepsy and dysphasia. Primarily the role includes evening and morning routines, ensuring she is washed and dressed and given her evening and morning meals.
My daughter is usually a happy, bubbly young lady with a strong personality. She is non-verbal but has her own ways of communicating. She thrives on a lively environment and equally enjoys a bit of down time. The suitable PA should be willing to have fun with my daughter. This could include singing songs, playing games, reading stories and just making her smile and laugh. She is a wheelchair user but we encourage weight bearing, assisted walking and standing transfers wherever possible. Full training will be provided in all aspects of the job.
- Giving my daughter her evening meal and a drink
- Getting her bathed and a hair wash
- Getting her dressed for bed
- Getting my daughter in to bed using a hoist (training given)
Morning and weekend hours:
- Getting my daughter out of bed
- Giving her a drink and breakfast
- Getting Dressed
- Bathed/ washed as required
- Keeping my daughter entertained. Initially with activities at home but this could develop into more outdoor activities once you get to know her.
- Giving her lunch and a drink (weekends)
- Having fun!!
Other personal care tasks:
- Able to change incontinence pads
- Assistance with applying cream
- Transfers using a hoist
- Must have a UK driving license and be willing to drive our wheelchair accessible vehicle
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9