I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4 hours every other Sunday plus additional 4 hours a week in school holidays.
Hourly pay rate:
Horsham, England, UK
My 8-year-old son is a very happy, energetic and active boy who is nonverbal and he loves being outdoors so playing in the park and adores bubbles. He also enjoys swimming and softplay. I am looking for a patient and kind PA to support my son engaging him in activities he enjoys in the local community and also on occasion to support at home and tasks will include some personal care and keeping my son safe. This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
To help my son to develop his speech and language skills and social skills and to engage with my son in my home and in the local community in activities he enjoys and keep him safe.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9