I am looking for personal care for a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
Permanent Position of 20.5 hours per week. Shifts times are: Wednesday: 12.30am – 4pm Thursday and Friday: 9am – 3:30pm 2 Sundays a month: 9am – 1pm
Hourly pay rate:
£11 per hour Mileage will be paid in addition to the hourly rate
Personal Support Assistant
The role is to support her in her daily routine at her day centre and in other places and aspects of her daily life. Her new PA will be young at heart, have some knowledge / experience of Autism and speech difficulties, and have an energetic, caring outlook. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can commit to supporting one-to-one a 19-year-old woman. Full training will be given.
- Other relevant duties as required
• Take her to and from her day centre and support whilst there.
• Support to use i-Pad when required.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
• Caring nature with ability to “think on your feet” to deal with the unexpected
• Prepared to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
• Interest in enabling Communication and Life Skills
• Ability to use i-Pad or similar technology
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9