Location: East Grinstead
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
8 hours per week split into 2 shifts of 4 hours each and typically working 4:30pm – 8:30pm Mon, Tues or Wed. Additional hours will be welcome as required for babysits, school holidays and when other PA’s are away. Overnight shift work also available.
Hourly pay rate:
Day time Rate £12-£16 depending on experience
We are looking for an energetic and caring PA who is sociable and has a positive outlook on life to work with supporting our 9 year old son who has cerebral palsy with related complex health needs. This will be supporting him on his return home from school in the afternoon with additional hours work available to support with babysits, school holidays and where other PA’s are away. Overnight shifts also available once connection established.
Due to a neurological diagnosis, our son has a significant physical disability that limits his movements and he will require full 1:1 support with all activities. This will include all transfers, personal care, administering feeds via Gastrostomy and support in carrying out therapy programmes as set. Despite his physical struggles and associated complex health needs he is a very happy bright boy and loves engaging with those around him socially in a stimulating environment. He loves age-appropriate activities books, cars and dinosaurs being some of his favourites.
Reliable candidate will be required to maintain consistency for our family. Ideally an experienced candidate will be sought however full training will be provided.
- Administering feeds via Gastrostomy with some spoon feeding orally
- Preparation and administration of medicines
- Washing and keeping clean Enteral Reusable Syringes and other Gastrostomy feeding equipment
- Responsible for transfers into and out of supportive equipment using hoisting equipment
- Changing pads
- Washing, showering and dressing
- Some cleaning of shower room and shower equipment as required
- Assisting with laundry, washing and drying items including bedding, towelling and clothing as required.
- Changing bed linen and making bed
- Carrying out set physiotherapy, Speech and Language and Occupational programmes with child to support them in achieving working toward outcomes set
- Support child by providing cognitive input and stimulation
- Support child in accessing play opportunities
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9