I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Hours available Monday - Friday 6.30am-8.30 am
Hourly pay rate:
£12.50- £14.50 per hour
I am a 19 year old young lady looking for support within my home and within the community
I need support with accessing Social and Leisure activities
I may require support and accompaniment to medical or other appointments
I am bubbly and enjoy all aspects of life. I enjoy shopping, going to the cinema, going out for dinner, F1 and meeting up with friends.
- Full assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help to hoist into and out of bath/shower.
- Assistance with applying cream
- Dressing and undressing/ helping with buttons and fastenings
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair using hoist
- Physiotherapy exercise
- Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including to swimming and the gym.
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as:
- Evening meetings
- Accompanying on trips out eg to the garden centre, cinema, craft fairs, local visits, out shopping for fun, attending social events, attending therapies, restaurants and to see family.
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car, clamping wheelchair into car, pushing the employer’s wheelchair when out/assisting with driving electric wheelchair.
- Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
- Lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out of not using electric wheelchair
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9