I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
6 hours per week term time and 10 hours per week school holidays. Hours term time will be after 4:30pm – days and weekend hours can be agreed at interview
Hourly pay rate:
• I am a looking for a Personal Assistant to support my autistic 9 year old son. He is non-verbal but very sweet and tender and rarely shows any aggression.
• The main purpose of this role is to help him develop life and independence skills. The tasks include: teaching how to wash hands, unload the dishwasher, load and unload the laundry, how to put on/off clothes, self-care, independent play and taking him for a walk.
• This is a rewarding role, and all the necessary training will be provided.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Support my son to develop independence skills:
• washing hands,
• unloading the dishwasher,
• loading and unloading the laundry,
• independent play
• accompany and supervise my son on walks.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9