Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
I use a two week rolling rota: Week 1: Tues 7.45am-4pm & Saturday 7.45am-4pm Week 2: Tues 7.45am-4pm & Wednesday 7.45am-4pm. Total: 16.5 hours per week.
Hourly pay rate:
£15 standard rate per hour. Bank holiday rate £25 per hour. Sleeping nights are paid at a flat rate of £72
I am a fun loving woman living in my beautiful home on Worthing seafront. I am looking for a PA to support and enable me to have an independent and full life.
I am lively and young minded with lots of varied interests, particularly in the arts and culture.
Your support will be very much appreciated and valued. I hope you will find this role very rewarding to see how your assistance benefits my life.
I look forward to hearing from you and can offer the following:
- Competitive rates of pay with enhanced weekend and bank holiday rates
- Holiday pay
- Government pension
- Supportive, friendly team
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Full training in all aspects of my care needs
Changing bed linen
Laundry and Ironing
Due to the nature of my condition my personal care requirements are quite detailed.
Full training will be given in all aspects
I wear an extensive plastic body brace at all times and am unable to come out of it. This means I cannot bend or sit down so have to be washed within my body brace, lying down on my bed. I am able to wash my hands, face and brush my teeth but you will have to be comfortable with all other aspects of personal care.
Tasks will include:
- Daily bed bath
- Daily hair wash, dried and styled
- Daily bed time routine
- Checking that I am comfortable within my brace and making any necessary adjustments.
- Assistant to get up, out of bed to use my female urinal, when i am unwell
- Regular refilling of hot water bottles and adjusting or changing clothes and bedding
- You will need to learn my medicine timetable and administer medications and record it when this is necessary. Full training will be given.
- Foot care
- Monitoring pressure sores cause by the brace
- Reporting on the condition of my brace.
- First aid in case of falls and accidents
- Coping with accidents or illness
Helping me to access the local community.
Driving me to and from appointments, shops, visits to friends and family etc
Accompanying me and assisting me as appropriate on trips out.
Assisting me to continue and further my interests.
Passionate about providing person-centred care
sensitive and willing to learn.
UK driving license and access to own vehicle is an advantage but not essential
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9