I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be
Drivers licence required:
Hours per week:
6 hours per week, ideally on a Friday or Saturday, approx. 1pm start.
Hourly pay rate:
Female Support Worker/Personal Care Assistant
The employer is a 42-year-old lady with a mild learning disability requires support with leisure/social activities who has limited verbal skills but is friendly and pleasant.
She displays ritualistic behaviour’s when anxious or stressed.
Activities would include supporting with social activities e.g. going out for coffee/lunch, appointments, shopping, cinema, cycling activities and some assistance would be required with using the toilet, paying for items in shops.
- Bathroom assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
• Assistance with using the toilet when out in the community
Accompanying and assisting on days out e.g. shopping trips, going out for coffee or lunch, appointments, cinema, cycling activities.
Helping the lady pay for items in shops.
Keeping her safe and supervised at all times as she has no danger awareness.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Experience and patience with OCD/ritualistic type behavior’s is essential.
Reliability and willingness to commit to the job role for a reasonable length of time also required as the lady finds change difficult.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9