Female Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Every other Weekend Saturday 9am-1pm, 4pm-6pm and 8pm-9.30pm Sunday 10am-1pm and 4pm- 6pm. A job share is available so please apply for any hours you are available to do throughout the weekend Support Worker/ Bank Staff to cover any PA holiday and sickness. PAs currently provide 3 visits a day. I need bank staff desperately.
Hourly pay rate:
£15 per hour weekends
I am a 51 year old woman and I was diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) at the age of 25 and am now quadriplegic.
My likes include rugby union and I am a huge Queen fan (the band!). I have one Beagle puppy and a 12 year old Griffon, but they both belong to my daughter.
I’m a Royal Navy veteran with two kids, one 26 years old and one 23 years old.
I am now a full time wheelchair user and need a bit more help please. Your support will be very much appreciated.
- Loading and unloading dishwasher
- Washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- To be on call when employer takes bath/Shower
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Catheter care - (full training will be given)
- Assistance with getting out of bed using a hoist
- Own car may be beneficial due to my rural location
- I always need to be hoisted from bed to wheelchair and back again. I need aid with toileting, washing and dressing. I’m hoping someone is available and preferably has some experience.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9