I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed:
Hours per week:
8 hours x 2 days per week as follows: Wednesdays & Fridays 8am-6pm 3 waking nights per week Please apply for hours interested.
Hourly pay rate:
£10.81 rising to £12.35, once fully trained.
Female Personal Assistants
I am a 25-year-old independent young lady living with my mum, dad, and our dog Harley. I’m a very bubbly person with a fun sense of humour.
I am looking for kind, empathetic, friendly PAs to help make sure I can live as independently and as safely as possible. I cannot care for myself totally and I need support with medical tasks, personal care and some domestic tasks.
I cannot be left by myself for long periods as my illness is unpredictable and involves specialized tracheostomy care. I do have bad days where I get very exhausted and down and will often need to rest in bed. On those days, I like to play games or watch TV/films and will need someone to listen and provide words of encouragement. On good days I would like to go out for some fresh air and exercise for my mental health (this usually involves a trip to a café!)
It would be preferable to have someone who can drive and has their own car, as I like to venture out further afield. I also like to take my dog for walks.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Personal grooming
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Moving and handling
- Other relevant duties as required
• Cleaning of tracheostomy equipment. e.g. Nebulizer and suction Pump
• Anti-bacterial wipe down on all surfaces in the bedroom area
• Cleaning the bathroom e.g. anti-bac toilet and sink area
• Making sure I have enough tracheostomy supplies and reporting to my mum when running out
• Making sure my emergency bag and hospital bag are always equipped and replace items when necessary
• Liaison with paramedics when needed
• Accompanying and assisting on shopping trips when required
• Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities, e.g. going to the park or cafes.
• Accompanying me to doctors/hospital/vets/opticians’ appointments if required
• Occasional longer journeys e.g trips to theme parks, zoos and other attractions.
• Some of the above duties involve driving me in your car.
• Supporting me with carrying equipment/tracheostomy supplies
• Lifting my manual wheelchair in and out of car
• Pushing me in a wheelchair when out and about.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
• Reliable with good timekeeping is essential (sickness must be reported ASAP)
• Kind, empathetic, friendly, and understanding of mental health issues
• Has a UK driving license with own car
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9