Female Personal Assistant/Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Sunday 3 hours 09:30-10:30 and 17:30-19:00 (there can be some flexibility with start times subject to mutual agreement) Casual hours to cover other PAs holiday and sickness.
Hourly pay rate:
£10 per hour
I am young at heart, very sociable and love to laugh and chat .
I love going to the theatre, dining out and am a member of a curling club.
I like watching TV, listening to music and using Facebook to keep in touch with friends.
I am very independent and manage most personal care tasks myself but will need assistance with some aspects of getting dressed when my arthritis is bad.
Sometimes I can struggle with managing my emotions so am looking for a non-condescending and patient PA to treat me as an equal.
Some days you may be my only visitor apart from my very friendly cat, so it’s important to sit and have a cuppa (or 3!) and natter.
Tasks will include meal preparation, light domestic chores and personal care when needed.
This is a rewarding role with all professional training provided……
- Prepare breakfast, serve, clean away and administer medication.
- Making the bed
- Wash and change bedding (weekly)
- Clean kitchen surfaces and mop floor
- Clean bathroom and mop floor
- Washing of clothes and linen and hanging out to dry
- Occasional ironing
- Accompany to doctors and/or other appointments if within PA working hours
- Making calls; doctors, dentist, utility provider etc
- Prepare, cook and serve evening meal. Clean away after
- Fill up milk jug
- Help meal plan so I know what to buy when shopping
- Able to tolerate pet cat
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9