Female Personal Assistant
Location: Bognor Regis
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Bank staff to cover holiday and sickness particularly mornings.
Hourly pay rate:
I am a 61 year old woman living on my own at home. I am a quiet and shy until I get to know you. My mobility is severely impaired and so I need a lot of assistance in my day to day living. I have short term memory problems and suffer with severe anxiety. I enjoy being with my cats and reading or watching television.
The work involves providing assistance with personal care, meal preparation, cleaning and other light domestic tasks. The PA will report directly to the employer. The PA will ensure the employer’s safety at all times. Employee must be willing to help with care of cats. Contract of employment and 5.6 weeks paid leave is provided.
- Making bed
- Washing and ironing clothes and linen
- Helping employer maintain a good level of personal care
- Help transferring to the shower/bath
- Providing moral support and company
- Ensuring employer maintains a good diet
- Ensuring employer’s safety at all times
- Assisting with taking medication
- Driving employer to and accompanying on appointments, and shopping trips as required
- Be a cat lover
- Be able to understand my needs due to my anxiety
- Be punctual and flexible
- It is vital that you attend shifts punctually and commit to the times agreed. However, the employer is flexible. Should you be ill, the employer/employee needs as much notice as possible that you will be unable to work, so as to make the necessary arrangements to cover your shift. Annual leave must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- It is important that the suitable applicant should have common sense, a sense of humour, be reliable, trustworthy and respectful of confidentiality. You will be down to earth, easy going, empathic (not sympathetic), supportive and friendly. Most of all you will be patient.
- You should be able to perform all tasks on the job description with guidance where appropriate.
Non-smoker due to medical reasons
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9