Female Personal Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Monday and Wednesday for 6 hours OR 3 hours in the morning Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Additional ad hoc hours as required to cover evenings weekends and holiday and sickness cover
Hourly pay rate:
£12 per hour
I am 41 with a young brain and old body. I have multiple complex conditions, including brain injury and brittle bones but live life to the fullest with support from my lovely assistance dog and continue to work and ride my horse.
My health and disability fluctuate on a daily basis.
- Supervise, Assist and encourage All activities of Daily Living
- Support with hobbies including horse riding, dog walking and training, art singing, music, pilates/gym, accessing the outdoors.
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Managing budgets, medication and diary/appointments.
- Laundry, housework and food shopping.
good organisation, timetabling, budgeting, planning, paperwork, correspondence.
Animal Care (Have a pony dog and cat)
Art, Music, Singing, Creative Journaling, Photography
homemaker and meal prep
be confident driving my wheelchair van
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9