Female Personal Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
12.5 hours per week
Hourly pay rate:
£10.45, 45p per mile mileage paid
I am a friendly disabled lady in my 40’s who enjoys going out shopping and nights out to the theatre, when I’m feeling confident and well enough.
I am looking for a personal assistant to support me to live independently in my home, and to get out and about doing the things that I enjoy.
This will be a rewarding role for the right person.
Laundry: Washing, drying, ironing and putting away
Changing bed linen/ bed making
General cleaning and tidying
Taking out rubbish
Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
Preparing drinks, snacks and meals.
Maintenance of small garden
Correspondence e.g. reading letters, help writing replies, form-filling, assisting with household paperwork
Making phone calls on my behalf when I am too unwell to do this
Making tea for the employer's guests
• Supervision and/or assistance with washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
• Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
• Assistance with applying cream
• General hair/skin care
• Dressing and undressing/ helping with buttons and fastenings
• Getting into bed
• Assistance with medication i.e. dispensing, administering and/or prompting
• Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
• Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
• Physiotherapy exercises
• Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
• Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities e.g.
• Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
• Accompany to therapy appointments or support groups.
• Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
• Occasional longer journeys
• Accompanying on trips out e.g.
• Accompanying on social events or meetings e.g.
• The above duties will involve driving the employer in the PA’s car
• Whilst on duty at the employer’s home watching TV and assisting with craft activities
• Lifting the folding wheelchair in/out of car, pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out.
• • "Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9."
• • Must be comfortable with pets
• • Non-smoker preferred or someone who is willing to refrain from smoking during work hours.
• • Must have a UK driving licence
• I would like someone who is:
• Easy going
• Chatty & confident
• Have a sense of humour
• Female* due to personal care needs
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9