I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required:
Hours per week:
11 - 2.30 every day for lunch calls. Job share and extra hours are available. Please apply for any hours you can work
Hourly pay rate:
£11+ depending on experience
Female Personal Assistant
I know what I need; I just need support in completing the tasks.
The role will involve accompanying me out and about.
I use my IPad using excel, numbers and pages.
An ideal candidate would be someone highly organised with a methodical approach with an understanding of Cerebral Palsy (though this is not essential).
There is use of a hoist for this role but full training will be given
- Bathroom assistance
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
Mealtimes e.g. mashing food and feeding
Support with using the toilet when out and about
Accompanying and assisting on shopping trips when required
Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities e.g. Cinema and meals out
Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
The above duties will involve driving me in my adapted Van
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Fit and healthy to undertake the required duties
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
- Able to always work to high standards of health & safety
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9