I am looking for personal care for a woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
Hourly pay rate:
We are looking for an enthusiastic backup carer to join our friendly and informal team dedicated to supporting our 98 year old mother still living at home. Apart from the range of skills noted below, are you able to work flexibly, have a great sense of humour, patience and the personality to relate to mum? We greatly value the work of our carers yet appreciating their need for respite the workload needs to be shared. As a family we take turns with spending time with mum.
The hours will be few at first but they will gradually be built up. Training will be provided if required.
We would welcome tentative inquiries directly to find out if the job would suit. Please contact us through independent lives and we can chat about it.
This is an official employment with an employment contract and paid holiday provided. There is free parking and is well accessed by public transport.
Closing Date: As soon as successful applicant is chosen.
- Dressing / undressing
- Bathroom assistance
- Medication prompting/administering
- Personal grooming
- Eating and drinking assistance
- Other relevant duties as required
- Accompany to the day centre when needed.
- Provide social stimulation through conversation
- Helping with limited amount of exercise.
- Respectful of the employer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Able to both follow instructions and work on own initiative
- Hygienic, tidy and well organised
- Patient and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
• 2 references required
The role requires close personal contact with an individual who is extremely vulnerable to the risk of infection and disease transmission. Preference may be given to applicants who have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Careful consideration will be given to applicants who can show the vaccination is not suitable for them on reasonable grounds.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9