Buddy/ Support Worker
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
10 hours a week, 10am – 12:00 pm Monday -Friday
Hourly pay rate:
£12.00, mileage paid at 45p a mile.
Do you enjoy going to the gym, Swimming? If so, this could be the job for you.
I am looking for a buddy/Support worker for my 17-year-old son who has Autism, and is nonverbal.
To accompany and support him to access going to the gym, swimming, and getting out and about in the community.
- Be cheerful and positive
- Be flexible to occasionally cover other shifts if possible
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be understanding of Autism and its effect
- Be able to learn routines and likes and dislikes as well as learn to do the job well, as the employer requires
- Have a full driving licence and access to a car
- Be willing to have an enhanced DBS check done
- Have experience of working with young people with Autism if possible
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9