Support Worker/ Personal Care Assistant
I am looking for personal care for a Child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
4 hours per week. 4.00pm-6.00pm Wednesday and Friday.
Hourly pay rate:
£10.42 per hour
11 year old boy with Autism requires support with developing independence around social activities in and outside of the home.
He lives with his family in Lancing. We have a cat and a kitten.
He enjoys going swimming, playing with lego and going for walks.
You may also be required to take him to clubs and other social activities and accompany the family on occasional summer outings
He can sometimes get upset/angry when he is frustrated so support with managing his emotions will be required.
He must be kept safe and supervised at all times.
You must be friendly, patient and calm and experienced in working with children with Autism
Driver with own car needed. Reasonable mileage will be reimbursed when taking the child out.
You should be able to swim and able to prompt him with personal care tasks e.g. getting changed for swimming.
You will report to the child’s mother who is the employer.
- Tidying/clearing up after activities in the home
- Prompting with towelling dry, dressing/undressing for activities such as swimming.
- Accompany and support with social activities at home and out in the community
- Accompany the family on occasional days out during the summer
- Driving him to activities in your car
- Support with developing independence from his family, managing emotions, calming down.
- Experienced in working with children with Autism
- Patient and understanding
- Able to support with managing emotions, calming down
- Friendly and cheerful
- A driver with own car. Reasonable mileage will be reimbursed when taking the child out.
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9