Personal Assistant/support worker for cover
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: Yes
Hours per week:
To cover existing PA team hours for holiday and sickness. Up to 30 hours per week as an when required.
Hourly pay rate:
£14 per hour + mileage expenses @ 45p per mile
Are you someone patient and calm, who can be supportive without being overpowering?
Are you a good listener?
Do you like a bit of banter while you work?
I am a 22-year-old female, looking for a cover PA/support worker to support me in completing a range of domestic tasks, and most importantly getting me out and about. Going for walks with my dogs, visiting a garden centre or café, exploring places further afield would be part of the role so having a car is vital. Fresh air and a new perspective often make things better!
The work will be as and when required, as you would be covering my existing PAs for holiday and sickness.
I love animals and have two dogs who are my world, they are crazy and mischievous and have always kept me going.
I have autism and mask a lot; you will know this when I go quiet and withdrawn. I get overwhelmed in large crowds and hate loud noises. On days, when I am not feeling well, I am not the easiest person. The best support you can provide me during these times is just to be patient, support me quietly around the home and encourage me to get out.
Having experience or an understanding of autism and mental health is important to me.
- Occasionally support to make drinks and meals.
- Completing domestic tasks for me when I am unwell.
- Accompanying and assisting me on shopping trips
- Accompany me when accessing social and leisure activities e.g going for walks with the dogs, going to a café, garden centres, the woods.
- Accompanying me to doctors/other appointments when required
- Occasional longer journeys out of Littlehampton
- Suggest ideas for places to go and things to do.
- The above duties will involve driving me in your car
- If supporting at home, suggest and participate in with arts and craft activities.
- Take the initiative when I am not feeling well to carry out tasks needed
- Encourage me but not push me to get out for a quite walk with the dogs or get some fresh air.
- Develop a good understanding of my needs and how to support me.
- Have experience/knowledge of Mental heath and Autism.
- Able to tolerate the employer smoking in the workplace – I tend to smoke outside
- Creative, Calm and resilient
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9