Location: Bognor Regis
I am looking for personal care for a Man
Drivers licence required: Yes
Hours per week:
Mornings Sunday to Friday 8am to 10:45am, Saturday 9am to 11:30am. Evenings Sunday to Thursday 8pm to 9pm Friday and Saturday 9pm to 10pm. Please apply for any hours you are available
Hourly pay rate:
£11.50 (Monday to Friday) and £12.50 (W/E and bank holidays)
I am a bubbly 24yr old man looking for support with accessing social and leisure activities.
I enjoy going to my local football club and writing match reports. I also enjoy going bowling and meeting up with my family and friends.
I need some support with my personal care but all training will be provided. You may be required to attend medical appointments with me so it would be an advantage to be able to speak and read English well. This is a very rewarding role and I believe we could build a great working relationship.
- Loading and unloading the washing machine
- Loading and unloading tumble dryer/washing line
- Changing bed linen
- Bed making
- Supervision and/or assistance with showering, drying, hair washing/ brushing as required
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- General hair/ Skin care
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Accompanying and assisting employer on shopping trips when required
- Accompany employer when accessing social and leisure activities, including football matches.
- Accompanying employer to doctors/hospital appointments when required
- Accompanying when clothes-buying, including help with un/dressing and lifting clothes on/off the rails.
- Occasional longer journeys
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to see family.
- Driving and accompanying to social events such as:
- Accompanying on trips out e.g. to help with feeding and drinking.
- Accompanying on trips out eg cinema, out shopping for fun, attending social events, and disability group
- Accompanying to social meetings eg friends, family
- The above duties will involve driving the employer car and pushing the employer’s manual wheelchair when out.
- Must be willing to drive my car
Non-smoker preferred or someone willing to refrain from smoking during working hours
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9