I am looking for personal care for a child
Drivers licence required: Yes
Own vehicle needed: No
Hours per week:
5 hour shift on a Saturday/Sunday – may be opportunity to support with an after school session when needed. Shift day and times can be agreed on email.
Hourly pay rate:
Between £10-£12 depending on experience
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support our daughter.
She is 5 years old and has complex additional needs. Our daughter is a wheelchair user and is non verbal (uses Makaton and PECS) due to global developmental delay. She is positive, happy and likes to be independent. This role is to assist with a variety of tasks which will enable/assist our daughter to live her personal and social life according to her wishes and interests. We, her parents, will support you in the first few weeks of working.
- Bathroom assistance
• Support toileting when out.
• Enable the child to access hobbies and positive activities in the local area, particularly swimming to develop her mobility.
- Reliable with good timekeeping
- Honest and cheerful
- Able to speak and read English to a reasonable standard
The successful applicant will be:
• Non-judgmental, with the ability to build good relationships based on trust and respect.
• Flexible, adaptable.
• Easy going, able to work alone, positive, with the willingness to travel in the local area
• Have a good sense of humour.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9