Location: Saint Leonards
I am looking for personal care for a Woman
The candidate should be a woman
Drivers licence required: No
Hours per week:
10-6 weekends and one weekday. Extra hours for holiday cover also available
Hourly pay rate:
£10.50 - £11 per hour
I am a disabled lady of 52, looking for a PA to support me to live my life independently. I would say I am a naughty 5 year old in a 52 year old body 😊
I enjoy arts and crafts, photography and walking.
This is a rewarding role for the right person.
Laundry: Washing, drying, ironing and putting away
Changing bed linen/ bed making
Taking out rubbish
Minor household maintenance eg changing light bulbs, taking down curtains for washing
- Supervision and/or assistance with washing and bathing/showering – towelling dry/ drying hair
- Help getting into and out of bath/shower as required
- Assistance with applying cream
- General hair/skin care
- Catheter care
- Getting into bed
- Helping with other aspects of personal care as required, for example assisting employer to get changed at swimming pool/gym.
- Getting in and out of the wheelchair ('transferring')
- Physiotherapy exercises
- Support with Stoma Care-full training provided
- An awareness of supporting people who have diabetes-full training given.
- Support with going out for walks and enjoying my hobbies.
- Transferring with use of a hoist
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be willing to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check if required.
Please note, if you are successful in your application for this position you will be employed directly by the individual employer and not Independent Lives. Successful applicants will be entitled to Holiday pay and will be issued employment contracts.
*Exemption for gender is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9